Monday, December 15, 2008

In the meantime...


It is amazing how things have changed since even four years ago. My guess is that throughout the application, decision, and preparation processes in the past, members had to sit tight and really just wait it out, without a sneak preview. Now, I'm able to sign in to Facebook (best idea anyone ever had), and get in touch with almost the entire membership for my campus in Perry Point. The number of members in the group grows every week, and it's nearly impossible to not become obsessive over what is to come... Learning about my potential team mates, participating in discussion boards (ranging from topics like "Introductions", to "Favorite Books", and "Nicknames", and even "Fitness" and "Relationships"), seeing video clips and images from previous years, and even being able to map our individual locations on a group map. Hopefully I can figure out how to take a screenshot and put it here in this entry. From what I know now, just from reading the latest e-mail we received, there are about 102 in the program, and ultimately there will be 160 at the campus. Thank you, Facebook, for feeding into my ever-growing addiction to AmeriCorps updates. This is going to be a long month and a half, but well worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment