Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Goodbye NOLA! Badger 6 has a Good Old-Time


So we've been meaning to do this since our first round.  During our final day in New Orleans, we headed to Old-Time photo shop in the Quarter.  

They took a few shots, and it came down to two.  The photographer was a big fan of the other photo, which looked more traditional and old-timey, if you will.   However, when we saw this one, it pretty much captured Badger 6 more than any other photo.  Funny thing is, this is the "extra" photo we took after all of the traditional photos had already been taken.  this photo was supposed to be just for fun, and ended up being the photo we liked best.

We're fans of the photo.  After the shoot, we headed for our final outing at Juan's Flying Burrito, a delicious burrito place on Magazine street.  That wrapped up our day (go ahead, laugh out loud), and we drove back to the greenhouse to clean and pack.

The past two days were filled with driving up the east coast.  We stayed in Kodac, Tennesee overnight before our second day of driving.  Much of the team also experienced our first "Steak & Shake" meal.  This is more of an inside joke with the team, but on a scale of Nom, I'll give it a Nom Nom Nom.

And now we're back at the Point.  I'm in the process of unpacking, and soon to be packing up everything, as our departure from NCCC occurs next Friday.  A lot to blog about I'm sure, so I'll do my best to get on here when I can.  But there's a chance I may not be able to until I'm back in Boston on Friday.  We'll see how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Jay, what a great blog you have going. Our youngest daughter is in NCCC in Vinton Iowa now. She will be heading to Lake Charles, LA next week for the teams first project. She is following in the footsteps of her older sister, who just a few years ago was at Perry Point. Good luck to you and keep up the good work. Take care, Mrs M from WV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay! It's so crazy to think your corps member year is already over! Thanks so much for sharing your whole adventure with us and please keep it up when you join Team Green!! Good luck with everything and congrats on graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Juan's!! It's so marvelous what you are doing out there. NOLA needs so much help and the fact that you went out there is admirable.

    The photo is spectacular. Lovesit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any plans to keep updating in the future, now that your AmeriCorps term is up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay, What an amazing job you have done of chronicling Badger 6's year of service. It has meant so much to me to be able to follow along on all your adventures. Congratulations on making The Green Team; I know you'll be awesome. Look forward to seeing all the Badgers at graduation!

    love, pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered this blog this afternoon, but I have now read through the whole thing up to the present. I really wish I had begun reading it earlier so I knew to join NCCC instead of VISTA. Of course, I wrote more to you about that over Facebook.

    Your overall positivity is really refreshing. I read through the FAQs on americorps.gov, but that doesn't help figure out what the experience is really like. Your blog, though, may be enough perspective for me to give Americorps another go next year -- but as a NCCC instead of VISTA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jay, thank you for the warm-hearted and insightful blog that you have kept this year. On behalf of Drew's family, I would like you to know how much we have appreciated being able to follow along with the Badger 6 adventure. Best wishes for next year. Mrs. E. from IN.

    ReplyDelete