Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Team Leader Jay

So some news I've needed to catch up with. Good news... no, GREAT news: I have been offered a job as a Team Leader for AmeriCorps NCCC next year! Yes, I'm in it for another year, and I'll get some Corps members of my own to introduce and guide in the traveling service world. I couldn't be more excited. I'll be at the Point starting in January for another year, where training will begin for a month, with the arrival of Class XVI of Corps Members starting their month-long training, and so on and so forth... I know the drill, as do you now.

But that's January, and this is now, and a lot has been happening. Currently, our project here in New Orleans is awesome, we love our housing, and the temperature recently went down a bit (a welcome change for me).

Also, very exciting... the job hunt/life after AmeriCorps front has been in full gear, and applications, interviews, and/or job offers have been in the works for the all members of Badger 6! More on that soon, once we hear more!

I've finally uploaded pictures from this round. Strangely, this is the most consistent internet accessibility we've had all year, and I've yet to upload anything from the round. I have my finicky browser to thank for that, but I've managed to figure things out and spent a solid amount of time uploading them all. Check out the right for pictures from this round. Also included is an album of photos of Badger 6 team members, in our formals. You'll notice we had a lot of fun with these.

That's about it for now. We're done in exactly a month. Where did the year go? Oh well, let's just enjoy some beat poetry dedicated to our TL, courtesy of our very own beautiful and talented Seven Bloom. Ladies and Gents, Mama Duck 2010:

No comments:

Post a Comment