Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Badger Badger Badger Badger...

So the untold scoop: Earlier last week everything changed. Originally, I was in the Raven Unit. Below is a picture of us during our scavenger hunt. Aren't we cute?



On Monday, when we received our permanent teams, I found out I'd be becoming a firefighter! I didn't realize until later that this would have a huge effect on a lot of things from that point forward. I'd realized they had announced every Raven team. I was the only one left. The last unit was Badger... They called my name for Badger 6.

At this point, I couldn't figure out why I was in badger, but I went along and met with my team anyway. There are 8 Corps members on the team, and one team leader. At the end of our meeting, the team leader (TL) mentioned to me: By the way, Jay. You're moving.

What?

Turns out I was moving to a new house, and leaving the old one. Since I became a fire fighter, they needed to make some changes so that there would be two fire fighters on each team. Apparently, Raven had enough of them, and they needed a fire fighter in the badger unit, is how it was interpreted.

It was a tough evening, having to pack up, move out and set up with a set of roommates from an entirely different unit, after getting to know so many of the Ravens the previous week. Especially after getting to know the guys from my old house.

Anyway, that was an adjustment, and a fair dose of what to expect in terms of remaining flexible this year. Currently, it's a week later, and it's all good. The new house-mates are awesome, I've become a true Badger, and the Ravens and Wolves have got nothing on us! Not to mention, one of my house-mates is vegan -- which makes shopping a tad bit easier. So all in all, it all worked out for the best.

"Who's in the house? BADGERS in the house! We ready, we steady, you know we lead the way... ooooooh." You've got to be here to fully appreciate that out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment