Sunday, February 15, 2009

NCCC faces

Meeting new people every day, sometimes more than once. Being in such close proximity to 136 other Corps members has made meeting people a major part of every day the first week. I took a picture of a chunk of us on our way to our houses after in-processing. I told everyone this was going to be a candid picture, but everyone's far too photogenic.



After a couple of days, everyone's already made good use of the computer lab. With only four computers with working internet-access, its slim picking. Fortunately, if you brought a laptop, you're all set... The lab's got Wi-Fi.

On our way to our van-pick up, my roommates and I are preparing for a day of training.


f
PODS! So as I mentioned before, we were placed on temporary teams for the week, known as Pods. The first day entailed a short training, some in-processing, and an city-wide scavenger hunt where the 8 of us on my pod traveled with our team leader to grab some pictures and get to know the city. Here are a few of us below. The other three pod mates are next to me and in the passenger seat. Note Keith giving me the bunny ears that I'm just noticing now for the first time.Here we are in the Perryville library, where we did our research for the scavenger hunt. there is Nate, our Pod leader. We spent about 30 minutes here using the library wi-fi to use google-maps to map out our locations and plan our course.

It was a great scavenger hunt. Somehow we got in the habit of sprinting in-line every time we arrived at a check-point. Maybe I'll upload that video here if I can figure it out.


1 comment:

  1. OF COURSE you're taking a zillion pictures. I love it. And you. MISS YOU, JAYFACE!

    -Kachface

    ReplyDelete