Tuesday, February 3, 2009

To the Point!

Tomorrow is my flight. So naturally, I can't sleep, and I'm blogging instead. I was proud of myself this week... I managed to pack everything and place everything else in storage about 5 days ago. I've come to realize I really do enjoy living out of a suitcase. It's nice knowing where everything you need is; the minimalist in me enjoys having everything compact. Speaking of compact, you should see my suitcase. I managed to fit all of my clothing, bedding, sneakers, and more (Thank you Space-Saver bags! And a special thanks to my relentless squishing to just barely get that zipper closed.) I actually weighed my bag on a bathroom scale. Is that strange? You can imagine the visual.

Anyway, off I go to the Point, as they call it down in Perry Point, MD. More to come at some point soon. Maybe tomorrow? I'm not sure. All I know is that we'll be going through something called "in-processing", which is mostly a lot of paperwork and apparently takes about 3 days. Byebye for now -- hopefully next entry I'll have some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Jay! Can't wait until you are in. I love the AmeriCorps pledge.

    I am an AmeriCorps member,
    and I will get things done.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah packing, it takes forever! I am very impressed that you fit so much into your bag. I have trouble fitting a weekend into a backpack. Have a safe flight!

    ReplyDelete